Installing a electronic signature pad gives you the ability to meet government disclosure requirements, minimize preparation errors and save money by reducing the amount of paper used and stored each tax season. When using electronic signature pads, the taxpayer's digital signature is securely bound to the document for which it was intended.
Follow the instructions below to successfully install a Topaz signature pad:
1. Ensure the Topaz Signature Pad is unplugged during the driver installation process.
2. Click the Profile Menu in CLO.
3. Click Login Preferences.
4. Select Windows next to Topaz from the Login Preferences window.
5. Download > Launch > Complete the sigweb.exe file (steps below).
- A. Click Next from the SigWeb Setup wizard.
- B. Accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
- C. Enter the Prefix > Model Series > Suffix for your specific Topaz device, and click Next.
- D. Click Next at the Certificate Checker Configurations.
- E. Select the desired location for the driver (defaults to C: drive) and click Next.
- F. Click Install to begin the installation.
- G. Click Finish to exit the Setup wizard.
6. Return/Login to CLO and select the Topaz option in the Login Preferences (see Setting the In-Office Signature Capture Method).
7. Click Save.