This article demonstrates how to submit a return to Technical Support for diagnostics. This process will not send the return to the IRS/State, nor stop existing returns in Central Site ready to be submitted to the IRS/State.
Follow the instructions below to successfully submit a Return to the Central Site without Sending it to the IRS:
1. While in the return, click Queue (if the Return Errors and Rejects box appears, click Next).
2. Select the Submit for Diagnostics check box (make sure that nothing else is checked) and type in the Comments box (in detail) what is the issue (1,000 character limit).
3. Click Queue. The software takes you to the Return Lookup window.
4. Click Transmit and when the Transmit to Central Site dialog appears, click Transmit.
🖐 Note: It is normal to receive notification that the return was “Refused” by Central Site when submitting a return for diagnostics.
5. Once the return has been received by Technical Support, remove the "Suspended" status on the return by navigating to the Information and Status worksheet.
6. Clear the Override Date field and single character code to the right of that date field.
Once the Return has Completed the Diagnostics Review and is Ready to be Transmitted for E-file:
- Open the return and click on the Queue button.
- If the Return Errors and Rejects box appears, click on the Next button on the lower right side.
- On the Queue Return for Transmission window, ensure the "Submit for Diagnostics" checkbox is clear near the lower left side of the window.
- Select the checkboxes for Federal and State (if applicable), and then click on the Queue button.
- The return will be queued to transmit to Central Site the next time the "Transmit to Central Site" is run from the WIP screen.