This article demonstrates how to submit a return to Technical Support for diagnostics. This process will not send the return to the IRS/State.
Follow the instructions below to successfully Transmit a Return to the Central Site without Sending it to the IRS:
1. Click Queue (if the Return Errors and Rejects box appears, click Next).
2. Select the Submit for Diagnostics check box (make sure that nothing else is checked)
3. Click Queue. The software takes you to the Return Lookup window.
4. Click Transmit and when the Transmit to Central Site dialog appears, click Transmit.
🖐 Note: It is normal to receive notification that the return was “Refused” by Central Site when submitting a return for diagnostics.
5. Once the return has been received by Technical Support, remove the "Suspended" status on the return by navigating to the Information and Status worksheet.
6. Clear the Override Date field and single character code to the right of that date field.
Once the Return has Completed the Diagnostics Review and is Ready to be Transmitted for E-file:
- Open the return and click on the Queue button.
- If the Return Errors and Rejects box appears, click on the Next button on the lower right side.
- On the Queue Return for Transmission window, be sure to Un-Check the "Submit for Diagnostics" checkbox near the lower left side of the window.
- Select the checkboxes for Federal and State (if applicable), and then click on the Queue button.
- The return will be queued to transmit to Central Site the next time the "Transmit to Central Site" is ran from the WIP screen.