This article demonstrates how to configure CrossLink 1040 to automatically complete the EFIN/ERO information in a tax return.
Follow the instructions below to successfully configure CrossLink 1040 to auto-complete the EFIN and ERO information:
1. Log in to CrossLink 1040 with administrator rights.
2. Click Setup > Office Setup.
3. Select the E-Filing tab.
If the EFIN is present in the Default EFIN field:
4. Make a note of the EFIN.
If the EFIN is not present in the Default EFIN field:
5. Enter the desired default EFIN in the Default EFIN field.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Database > EF Originators.
If the EFIN from step 4 exists in the EF Originators list:
8. Skip to Step 12 below.
If the EFIN from step 4 does not exist in the EF Originators list:
9. Enter the EFIN from step 4 in the ERO’s EFIN field and click Add.
10. Verify the information on the Electronic Return Originators screen is correct, making changes as necessary.
11. Click Save.
12. Click Close.
Congratulations 🎉 the software is now configured to automatically complete the EFIN information on all new tax returns.
🖐Note: Existing returns will contain the EFIN information that existed when they were created. You can refresh the EFIN on the returns to get the updated EFIN record.