This article demonstrates how to setup CrossLink 1040 to automatically complete the preparer information in a tax return.
Follow the instructions below to successfully configure CrossLink 1040 to automatically add the preparer's information on a tax return:
- Login to CrossLink 1040 with Admin Rights.
- Click Database > Paid Preparers.
- Next to the user whose information is to be used as a default, note the value in the Preparer ID column.
- Click Close to close the Paid Preparers window.
- Click Setup > Login Accounts.
- Select the login used for the preparer selected in step 3 and click Edit.
- In the Preparer Shortcut ID field, type or select from list, the shortcut ID noted in step 3.
- Click OK to save the changes.
CrossLink 1040 will now auto populate the preparer's information when creating new tax returns.