This article demonstrates how to delete a document you’ve scanned with the document scanner or that you imported into the document archive from your computer.
🖐 Note: Documents that are captured using a signature device (signature pad and/or remote signature) cannot be deleted.
Follow the instructions below to successfully delete a scanned or imported document:
1. Log into CrossLink 1040.
2. Open the tax return with the scanned or imported document.
3. Select the Document Archive from the Attached Forms.
4. Select the document you want to delete.
5. Click Delete.
6. Confirm your request by selecting Yes to the prompt.
🖐 Note: This process was put in place in CrossLink 2018. Any software version prior to CrossLink 2018 will require different steps to delete the scanned document (see below).
Software Version prior to CrossLink 2018
It’s not possible to delete a scanned document in CrossLink 1040 prior to CrossLink 2018. However, you can associate the scanned document with another tax return.
Follow the instructions below to successfully delete a scanned document in CrossLink 1040 prior to CrossLink 2018:
Deleting a scanned document
- Step 1: Create a “test” tax return
- Step 2: Associate the scanned document with the test tax return
- Step 3: Delete the test tax return
Step 1: Create a “test” tax return
1. From the WIP, click Add New.
2. Type a test SSN such as 1111111111 in the Social Security number box and the Confirm box.
3. Click OK.
4. Click Save.
5. Click Close.
Step 2: Associate the scanned document with the test tax return
1. Select Utility > System Utilities.
2. Click Scanned Documents > Run Utility.
3. Click Go.
4. Select the scanned document you want to delete.
5. Click Move.
6. In the SSN box, type 111111111 and then click OK.
Step 3: Delete the test tax return
1. Open the tax return for Social Security number 111-11-1111.
2. Click Return > Delete Return.
3. When the Delete Return box appears, click Yes. You have now successfully deleted the scanned document.