This article provides information on how to generate the “Status by Modification Date” report. This report provides a list of returns and their current status that has been modified within the specified date range.
Follow the instructions below to successfully generate a report:
1. Login with a user with appropriate access level rights.
2. Click Reports > Status Reports > Status by Modification Date.
3. In the Sort By drop-down list, choose the applicable sort option.
4. In the Group By list, choose the applicable grouping option.
5. Minimum and Maximum Return Modification Date fields are optional, type the desired date range in the format indicated.
6. To view the report on the screen, click the Quick View button. To print the report, click the Print button.
The following information is displayed on the report:
- SSN – The Social Security Number of the primary taxpayer.
- Last Name – The last name of the primary taxpayer.
- Modified – The date the return was last modified.
- Status - The current filing status of the return.
- Refund – The requested refund on the return.
- Rfd Type – The designator code for the distribution method requested for the refund.
- EFIN – The EFIN under which the return was filed.
- DCN – The Declaration Control Number assigned to the return.
- State ID – The designator of the first state attached to the return.
- StateII ID – The designator for the second state attached to the return (where applicable).