When printing, queueing, or verifying a tax return, an error message similar to the following appears:
This issue can occur if a return is created and a software update changes a calculation later. It can also happen if a calculated value (calculated fields are the grey fields) is overridden.
Follow the instructions below to successfully resolve an override verification:
Method 1 - Recalculate the Field:
1. Double-click the verify error to go to the field.
- Press F5 to clear and recalculate the field, or
- Right click the field and select Clear Override, or
- While in the field, click Commands > Clear Override.
Method 2 - Transmit or Print with Error (This may be necessary when there is an override the preparer does not want to remove and is not Fatal):
- Click Transmit or Print. The Return Errors and Rejects window will open.
- Click Next.