Purpose: resolve "Invalid Check Number" error message when printing a check by including the check number in the activated check range.
Cause: the check number was not activated or not included in an existing check activation range.
Instructions (Editing an Existing Activation)
1. Click Checks, Registers and Activation on the Work In Progress Summary page (WIP).
2. Click the Check Inventory tab.
3. If there is nothing listed here, then click here to create an activation: 1040 - Activating Checks
4. Select Edit.
5. Edit the Starting Check Number or Ending Check Number to include the check number that triggered the error message. Alternatively, you can create a new activation by selecting Activate instead of Edit button. This will create another line item on this tab. For more details, please see 1040 - Activating Checks.
6. Enter the appropriate Check Layout (if TPG is the selected Bank).
7. Click OK to confirm changes. The new check range is now visible on the Check Inventory tab.
🖐 Note: These activations, can be edited at any time with the Edit button.