This issue can occur if the routing/bank account number on the bank application is invalid.
When verifying a tax return the following verification error is given: ‘Invalid RAC Routing number’ or 'Invalid Bank Account Number'
Follow the instructions below to successfully resolve the verify message:
- Open the tax return experiencing the issue.
- Under the Attached Forms List, select FRM 8879
- Change the Refund Type from 5 to 1 and press ENTER
- Change the Refund Type from 1 to 5 and press ENTER
- The verify error message will no longer be present