This article demonstrates how to add an external document (photo, word doc, etc.) to the Document Archive in a return.
🖐 Note: Max file size depends on the software year:
- Xlink 11 and 12 - 1mb
- Xlink 13 and 14 - 2mb
- Xlink15 and above - 5mb
Follow the instructions below to successfully add an external document to the document archive:
- Open a return.
- Select Document Archive from the Attached Forms.
- In the Archived Documents Listing window, click on Import Document.
- On the Document Import screen click on the ellipsis (three dots) button.
- Select the file to be attached and click Open.
- In the Description field enter a brief description of the document being attached.
- Select the type of document you are attaching from the list.
- Click Ok to import the document.