When I enter a new return that existed in the prior year, I see the following message: dir2015 Accessing: dir2015 - 8:0000000 incorrect aes key
This error is caused by the current year program being unable to access the tax data for the prior year program. This can occur when the prior year's login or password is incorrect.
Use the Prior Year Encryption Key Utility:
1. Verify the login used in the prior year's program by logging in.
2. Once you have successfully confirmed the Login and Password for the prior year program, exit the prior year program.
3. Open the current year program or the year that you are importing to.
4. Click Utility > System Utilities.
5. Click on Prior Year Login Info.
6. Click Run Utility.
7. In the Prior Year AES Key window enter the correct path, Login, and Password for the prior year program.
8. Click OK.
The software should now be correctly configured to access the prior year's database without error.