This article demonstrates how to manage an office using the Office Management tool.
🖐 Note: Before configuring an office, make sure the billing and access level sets are configured/setup first (see Web Portal - Creating a Billing Schedule in CrossLink 1040 and Web Portal - Creating Access Level Sets)
Follow the instructions below to create an office:
1. Log in to the CrossLink Web Portal using the main Account Code or multi-tier User ID.
2. Click Office Management > Manage EROs/Office Setup.
3. Locate the user id for the office you want to set up and click the Plus Sign.
4. Complete the Office Configuration for the remote office.
- User ID Information - The unique information about the office User ID to include Transmit Type, Authorization Levels, Groups, & Location information
- Billing/Fee Information - Set the Billing Schedule for the office and include any Office Information to be included on each billing invoice.
- Message Delivery - Set how Federal, System, & State messages will be routed, as well as where checks will be printed.
- Desktop Installation Settings - Set the Administration Password & Password Recovery email/mobile phone number.
- Registration - Set preferred actions for return handling.
- Printer Setup - Set printer settings for check alignment and return printing.
- Electronic Filing - Set the Default EFIN, IRS TeleTax Number, & electronic filing requirements.
- Overrides - set Company Information that will override any manually entered information in the return.
- Defaults/General - Select default actions to happen during return preparation.
- Auth/Audits - Set validation checks when certain conditions are present in the return (ie. Earned Income Credit, Head of Household filing status, Schedule A, etc.).
- Text Messages - Set TextLink settings (for more information see: TextLink - TextLink Setup).
- Restricted Forms - Set federal/state forms, that should be restricted (adding or editing).
- Restricted Fields - Set fields by the 8-digit Field Name from the software.
- User Logins - Create and Publish user logins.
- Manage Database - Create the following databases:
- EFIN (Electronic Filing INformation) Record - Company information associated with the issued EFIN.
- Preparer Database - Create a record of preparers.
- Referral Database - Create pre-set referrals by sequence number.
- User Status Codes - Create pre-set return status codes.
5. Click Save and Continue to save the changes, or click Cancel to cancel.
6. Next to the office you created, click Publish ERO to queue the office information in the Central Site.
🖐 Note: Along with Publish ERO, you can separately publish the Office information, Restricted Fields, User Logins, ERO Database (EFIN Record for this User ID), Preparer Database, Referral Database, and User Status Codes.)
7. The information will be received the next time the remote office connects to the Central Site.