This article provides instructions on how to send both federal and state tax returns with a single transmission.
Follow the instructions below to successfully electronically file Federal and State returns:
1. Add and complete Form 8879 and the state 8453 or equivalent.
2. From within a return, click Queue.
🖐 Note: The software verifies the federal and state return for errors before transmission. Review any errors in the return. If there are no errors, the Transmission dialog appears.
3. Verify that both federal and state/s returns are checked, and click Queue.
4. Click Transmit on the toolbar.
5. On the Transmit to Central Site dialog, click Transmit.
🖐 Note: The software sends the federal and state/s tax returns to Central Site. Central Site submits the same to the appropriate processing center/s.