This article explains how to install the Topaz Electronic Signature Pad and configure settings to work with CrossLink 1040.
🖐 Note: Install the Topaz software drivers first, and ensure the device is unplugged before proceeding.
Follow the instructions below to successfully install the electronic signature pad:
1. Login to the CrossLink Web Portal.
2. Click Support > Downloads.
3. Under Features and Set-Up Related Information, click the Topaz Signature Pad Drivers to begin downloading a compressed folder called Topaz_Drivers.zip.
4. Locate the saved compressed driver's folder on your system with File Explorer. Extract all contents out of the compressed folder.
5. Launch the sigplus.exe application file to begin the Topaz e-Signatures SigPlus 4.4.06 Setup installation wizard.
6. Click the Next button to begin the Topaz e-Signatures SigPlus 126.96.36.199 Setup.
7. Click the Next button on the Read Me File.
8. Choose a specific installation path or agree to the default Windows folder locate and click the Next button.
9. Locate the Topaz device model information, located on the bottom of the device (starts with MODEL).
10. Select the Tablet Model Group associated with the first two characters of the device's model information.
11. Select the Tablet Model from the list. This can be a variety of options depending on the Tablet Model Group selected.
12. Select the Connection Type (normally USB connection).
13. Agree to the License Agreement by clicking the Agree button.
14. On the Ready To Configure Software prompt, click the OK button.
15. Make sure the default Yes option is toggled to download the Demo Ocx.exe, then click the OK button.
🖐 Note: This will download and install the Topaz Demo application. This can be used to test the device with the system environment.
16. Click the Finish button to end the Topaz e-SIgnatures SigPlu 188.8.131.52 installation.
17. Now, plug in the Topaz e-Signature Device into the computer.
18. In CrossLink 1040, click Setup > Printer Setup.
19. Under Signature Pad Selection, select Topaz Pad and click OK.
20. Click Setup again and click Login Accounts.
21. Edit your login account by clicking the Edit button or double-clicking your login.
22. Under Signature Pad Type, select Topaz Pad from the dropdown.