This article demonstrates how to install the Motorola Symbol DS6707-DC and the Motorola Zebra DS8101 document scanner for use with CrossLink 1040.
🖐 Note: Ensure the scanner is a supported scanner. CrossLink software requires the DS6707-DC or DS8101 (Zebra).
Follow the instructions below to successfully install the Motorola scanner:
1. Login to the CrossLink Web Portal.
2. Click Support > Downloads.
3. Under Features and Set-Up Related Information, select and download the appropriate driver for your operating system and the either the Zebra scanner bar codes OR Symbol scanner bar codes
4. Open the downloaded file and run the application file.
🖐 Note: If prompted to extract all files, simply click Run. If a Security Warning appears, click Run once more.
5. Complete the Symbol SNAPI USB Imaging Driver Setup Wizard.
6. Plug the scanner into a USB port on your computer.
7. Print a page with the appropriate bar codes depending on the model of your scanner.
- For the model DS6707(Symbol) the symbol scanner bar codes pdf file under other downloads.
- For the model DS8101(Zebra) the zebra scanner bar codes pdf file under other downloads.
8. Scan the Set Defaults bar code. Wait for two separate sequences of beeps from the scanner.
🖐 Note: The second set of beeps should be low/medium/high beeps. Four long low beeps indicate an error.
9. Scan the Snapi with imaging bar code.
SNAPI WITH IMAGING
🖐 Note: Wait for two separate sequences of beeps from the scanner. The second set of beeps should be low/medium/high beeps. Four long low beeps indicate an error.
Scan a sample document to verify the document scanner is working properly:
1. Open CrossLink 1040 (scanner only compatible with versions 2012.31 or 2013.10 and above).
2. Start a new tax return, or open a test return.
🖐 Note: Do not use a real return, as the scanned document cannot easily be deleted.
3. Click Document Archive from the Attached Forms.
4. In the Archived Documents Listing, click Scan Document.
5. Click Snap.
6. If you want to save the file, click Save.