A Service Bureau (SVB) can view all accounts and sub-offices created under it. Any account that is created under the SVB will only have the capabilities to drill down into their own accounts; sub-accounts will never be able to view any information above where they are in the account hierarchy.
An SVB has the capability of creating both Accounts & Offices. An Account is a business that is unrelated to the top-tier account. An Office is directly related to the top-tier account.
Creating an Account
You have the choice between the following two types of accounts:
- Multi-Office: Allows for creation of managers and offices.
- Reseller: Ability to create sub SVBs that can create other SVB accounts, as well as multi-offices and direct sub-offices. (See SVB Hierarchy above.)
Any time a new Multi-Office or Reseller account is created, a new User ID will be assigned to the account. This new User ID will appear on the web portal, at which point the EFIN can be registered to the account (see Creating an Account)
🖐 Note: An EFIN is NOT required when creating a Multi-Office or Reseller account since this only applies when creating offices.
How to find EFINs and User IDs associated with an Account
- When logged in at the account level, the User ID associated with an account will appear in the User ID column on the Accounts screen. This applies only to SVB accounts.
- The User ID will appear under the Profile Menu.
- When logged in at the account level, the EFIN associated with an office will appear in the EFIN column on the Offices screen.
- The EFIN will appear under the Profile Menu at the office and preparer level.
Creating an Office
Creating an office will generate an office that is tied directly to the top tier account:
🖐 Note: Before you can create an office, you need to add the EFIN on the web portal first.
- Click Offices.
- Click Create New Office.
- Complete the required information.
- Click Create.