The top tier account can log in and see the status from each office. If they wish to look at something in a particular office, they can click the “View” button and drill down into that office. They can also drill down into a specific preparer and see their tax returns.
To create multiple offices (MO), each office needs to be registered with its corresponding EFIN. The EFIN must be registered on the portal first. Upon first login with account code, user will be prompted to create offices on the “Dashboard” page.
🖐 Note: It is not recommended to drill down when completing each individual office setup.
1. Create first office: Click on “Create New Office”, then fill out all fields noting that the EFIN is already saved on the portal for the first office.
🖐 Note: If a user has all EFINs ready, user should register all EFINs first, then create the offices.
- Unique username, email, and EFIN are required;
- Click “Save” → Activation email will go out to the unique email provided on page.
2. “ERO/Admin” activates an office admin login, then the user repeats “activation” steps.
🖐 Note: To create additional offices, repeat steps 1 & 2 as many times as needed.
3. Profile Menu
- Upload Image: If Co-branding was purchased, they can upload their logo (this is relevant if the multi-office is under a co-branding reseller);
- Mobile App ID: Tax Pass mobile app ID is located in CLO, not on the portal;
- Switch: Toggle between the available previous tax years; CLO will support three (3) previous years;
- Change Password: Enter current password, then new password, to generate a new one;
- Toggle Training Mode: Switching into “Training Mode” will be indicated with a yellow boarder. Go back to the Profile Menu and click “Toggle Training Mode” again to exit;
- Ancillary products: User can enter add-on fee for Protection Plus and select which offices to apply it to;
- Logins: Global logins are used for users who need to have access to creating/managing offices;
- Preparers: A list of all preparers will be displayed.
- Login Preferences: Default tax returns to starting in interview mode, this is a user/login preference not office level;
4. Login to each office to setup configuration.