User Status Codes are user-created codes to classify certain returns, allowing those returns to be easily searchable by a custom report.
For example, a User Status Code could be “DOCWAIT” indicating that the preparer is waiting on more documents from the taxpayer in order to finish the return, allowing the preparer to quickly see how many returns are waiting on documents from the taxpayer, and a custom report can be generated to create a contact list for those taxpayers based on the User Status Code.
🖐 Note: Before this feature can be used, User Status Codes must first be manually entered into the database.
Follow the instructions below to successfully add a User Status Code to the Database:
- Click Office Settings at the bottom of the Navigation pane on the left side of the page.
- Click Database at the top of the page.
- Click User Status Codes in the Database List on the left of the page.
- Click Add New in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Enter the User Status Code and a short but complete description of the User Status Code.
- Click Add after the required information has been entered.
The new User Status Code will appear in the User Status Code Database and can be entered into Returns.
Follow the instructions below to successfully enter a User Status Code into a Return:
- Click inside the User Status Code field at the upper left of the Client Data Screen.
- Type the desired User Status Code (press Alt + c to pull up the Choices menu to select the desired User Status Code).
Upon saving, the Return will now be searchable by the entered User Status code using a Custom Report.