Tax preparers can send a remote signature request either by email or cell phone in CrossLink Online. In order to initiate a remote signature request, the following items are required before sending:
- ERO signature required to be captured for the office before sending.
- Recipient's email/cell phone required on Client Data Sheet.
- Valid cell phone carrier is required, utilize the Choices menu.
- Enter a "Y" for Does the Taxpayer consent to receive and sign their documentation remotely?
- Located at the bottom of the Client Data Sheet.
Follow the instructions below to successfully send a remote signature request:
1. Click Signatures.
2. Choose Sign for the intended recipient.
3. Choose Remote Signature from the Signing Method drop-down.
4. Choose the desired Contact Method and click Next.
5. Click Send.
🖐 Note: Repeat these steps for all parties that need to sign to get the option to Send.
Checking on the status of a Remote Signature Request - this can be done within the return "Remote Signatures" section below Client Data
How do I view the signed document? Within the return "Document Archive" section below Client Data.